Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day 3 -- Mighty Eventful


Well today was big day for me. I started off super strong. I downed my big 16.9 oz bottle of water and had my cereal with blueberries and strawberries. Then I went for a 55 minute walk. Mmmm . . . was feeling powerful and the pounds were shedding off with every step.

At around 12 noon I headed into the city to a Sprint event for my WiredLatinos blog. I skipped lunch. Not intentional, I was in a hurry and I knew there would be food there. However, the event did not end up starting until 2pm. I was starving. I was excited to be there and super focused on everything they were say -- the new phones, the new Spanish apps, etc., etc . . . but my stomach was growling. I swear I saw the keynote speaker, Dan Hesse (CEO of Sprint), turn to see me when my stomach screamed "feed me." I smiled. He didn't.

Anyway, the curtains finally went down and the new phones were unveiled and the partnership app companies . . . yeah, it all looked great, but that food looked greater. They had hummus and fried pita chips, scewers with sausages and shrimp and all kinds of other great stuff I didn't get to eat because I was much solicited. So I did eat, but not really. Maybe two scewers. They didn't have water so I had to drink Diet Pepsi -- not good.

So, the event ended at 4p, I rushed home to the boys -- but I was invited to another all press event for the evening -- so I had rush back. Food was promised at this event too. Oh good, I thought.

I fed my boys healthy Panda Express (sorry I couldn't cook, I was busy). I was dying to feast in their meal, but I was good. I knew that if I ate Panda, I would continue eating at the event. It smelled to good. To make matters worse, Liam started eating in the car. It was complete torture as the small car filled with the aromas of chow mien.

Anyway, I get to the event and I head straight for the food. I didn't really know anyone, so I had no commitments . . . but to my stomach. The spread included all kinds of beautiful food: Tortollini, bow pasta with meat sauce, rigatoni with marinara sauce, Chinese chicken salad, mixed greens salad with vinaigrette, ceasar salad, mini cheese burgers, enchiladas, quesadillas, scewers again . .. Just delightful. I had a little enchilada, some bow pasta, mixed greens salada and I think that was it because then all of a sudden I became popular again.

You can't really eat at those places. People do work -- at least I was. Some people were getting their party on. Good for them. Believe me, I wanted to. I was feeling pretty good about my work. But, I had to drive home.

Quite an eventful day. I can't tell you how many calories. But from the way my stomach was feeling, not enough.

Day 4 will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment